Position: Accounting Clerk
Accounting Clerk (Part Time)
Do you possess a knack for numbers and detail? Interested in making a difference? WFC is a community nonprofit with its main office in downtown Meriden. Its mission to promote equity and quality of life through empowerment and independence is part of the entire agency’s culture. We are looking for a skilled Accounting clerk with a strong background working in the accounting or math field. Non-profit accounting experience is a plus. Attention to detail is a must, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Preparation and maintenance of bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce.
• Receives and posts financial data to A/P and A/R ledgers. Knowledge of Abila MIP fund accounting software a plus.
• Prepares and verifies deposits. Posts cash receipts to the accounting system. Balances cash receipts and accounts including reconciling the monthly bank statements.
• Provide accounting and clerical support to the agency and CFO.
• Reconciliation of accounts and statements.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding all fiscal and client information.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization’s mission in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
• Associate degree, or equivalent, in Accounting, Finance, Math or Business Administration or related field.
• Two years of accounting or bookkeeping experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques and principles.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy and aptitude for numbers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated skill in use of office machines including personal computer, phone system, copiers and other business equipment.
• Extensive experience in spreadsheet applications, MS Office and databases.
• Position requires operation of computers and other standard office equipment.
• Ability to travel, if needed within service area. If using a personal vehicle, valid Connecticut driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of vehicle insurance is required.
• Position generally works 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Willing to discuss daily schedule. May be required to work additional hours, as organization’s demands require.
Benefits Offered: Generous paid time off, pro-rated to scheduled hours
Employment Type: Part-Time (30 hrs./wk.)
Apply Now: Interested candidates are invited to
submit a resume today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Return to the main Employment page.
Top of Page